How to Password Lock WinRAR Files?
The most familiar compression archive extensions may be .rar and .zip in our daily life. The differences between RAR and Zip compression are subtle. WinRAR is a file archiver and data compression utility for you to create .RAR files. WinRAR files have reduced file sizes and capacities for faster transfer between you and your friends or colleagues via communication tools, such as MSN, email, Facebook, and so on. Meanwhile, shrunken archives are convenient for taking away and let you move large capacity files easily.
Now that the WinRAR files have so many advantages for you, you may want to make the best of the compression method so as to meet your different demands. Then, sometimes you need to protect your WinRAR archive so that only authorized persons can get access to the contents inside. How to password lock WinRAR files?
It can't be easier! If you know that, you will say "whoa! How stupid I am!". Now, let's specified the steps in details:
- Step 1: All you need to have is a file folder that you want to lock and then compress.
- Step 2: Before compress, right click the file and choose "Add to Archive".
- Step 3: Then go to click "Advanced" button.
- Step 4: You can find the Password Setting button. Click it!
- Step 5: Set password now, input it twice and then click "OK".
- Step 6: A WinRAR file will be created with password protection immediately.
Now, you can put the password protected WinRAR archive in public if necessary. Only those who have been told the password can open the locked WinRAR files. Certainly, if you forget the password, you can have 3rd party software to help you. The WinRAR Password Remover it that one!
You may be also interested in: