2 Completely Free Tools for You If Forgot WinRAR Password
WinRAR has over 90% users all over the world. WinRAR appears to be the best choice for data compression protection as its security features give it a distinct edge. Many WinRAR archives have password protection. When you create a file with WinRAR, you can use a password so that no one else can access your files without permission. However, after a long time, you may forgot or lost WinRAR password somehow.
So how to get access to the WinRAR file which is password protected without the right password? Well, you need to unlock the lost or forgotten WinRAR password with a credible 3rd party software program like WinRAR password remover. Here we introduce you 2 totally free tools which can help those who forgot WinRAR password.
Free Tool: cRARk
Recommended index: ★★
1) Absolutely FREE to crack and find the RAR default password.
2) Compatible with multiple platforms including DOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X.
1) The biggest disappointing thing of cRARk is that it doesn't have the intuitive GUI, buy only the CMD interface. The command-line tool is not suitable for those who have no familiar computer skills.
2) Besides, cRARk can only support WinRAR 2.x-4.x up to 4.0. If you are using further version, this tool can't work for you.
3) The last thing you need to note is that cRARk can't crack password longer than 6-7 symbols if you have no additional info about it.
Free Tool: Appnimi RAR Password Unlocker
Recommended index: ★★★
1) Appnimi RAR Password Unlocker is 100% free.
2) User-friendly interface and easy to use.
3) Extract files after password recovery.
1) Only compatible with Windows platforms: Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista and Win 7
2) No pause/resume function.
3) Much password information is required.
Shareware: RAR Password Recovery
Recommended index: ★★★★
Since the free tools are either inconvenient or not suitable, you may have to refer to shareware. RAR Password Recovery is built within the rapid password recovery of cRARk, as well as Appnimi RAR Password Unlocker's GUI interface. Furthermore, it has pause/resume function while Appnimi has no. The smart tool can also work in the background.
Note: Both the Appnimi and the shareware don't support Mac OS X. For Mac OS X users who forgot WinRAR password, you have to use the command line tool - cRARk to do the password recovery.